We have several committees and groups that will peak your interest and allow you to serve!
Adult & Family Council
Organizes fun events and studies for all ages of adults & families.
Church Christmas parties, Valentines Dinner, Cookouts, Trunk er Treat are all just a few of their events. Please join us for the next one!
- Griefshare – We have a grief support recovery ministry offered through www.GriefShare.org, which is open to the public in the spring and fall of each year. The ministry includes 13 weekly sessions where you can find help and healing for your own unique journey of grief. During the sessions we watch a video and have a time of sharing. The cost for the workbook, which includes at-home daily lessons, is $14.00.
- Food Pantry – We offer an emergency food pantry for those who need it. The pantry is open Monday – Thursday from 9-12 and from 2- 4
- Hearts n Hands – is a group of volunteers who help build wheelchair ramps or sometimes do small repairs around the home for those who can not afford it. We only take referrals from RSVP, (563) 243-7787), if your request is something we can assist with, they will contact us.
- W.H.O. – is an emergency fund for those who need it. If funds are available we might be able to help with small things such as medication, utility bills, or other small items. Our referrals come from Information and Referral Services(563) 243-5818.
This year they sponsored a “No Dinner Dinner” which raised over $5,000! The No Dinner Dinner concept is that you donate the dollar value of what you would have baked, cooked, or served at the annual Church dinner.
Trustees deal with all the property matters of the church. This includes insurance, utility issues and overall general repair to the facilities. You don’t need to be able to “fix” things to be a member or volunteer!
Have a different interest?
We have other opportunities to serve! We also have needs for:
- Sound Board Operator—adjusting sound and recording for radio
- Video-recording our services
- Editing and posting video to our web-site
- Projectionist-running the computer during music and sermons
- Greeting & Ushering
- Preparing Communion for services
- Watering & tending plants in the building
- Nursery Room Attendants & Sunday School Teachers/Helpers